Did you receive a ticket, but you were not the driver of the vehicle? You may nominate the actual driver who committed the infringement or the person who was in control of the vehicle.
You have to nominate a driver in the first 32 days after receiving an infringement notice.
- If you received an Infringement Notice for your vehicle but you were not the driver, you may "nominate" the actual driver.
- You cannot make a representation to indicate that you were not the driver at the time of the infringement.
- You should use form AARTO 07 to nominate the driver (see the instructions below).
- You will need to be able to provide the following information for the driver you want to nominate:
- Full names
- Residential address
- Postal address
- Telephone numbers
- Copy of the driver's acceptable identification e.g. I.D. document
The RTIA shall acknowledge receipt of the nomination of the driver on form - AARTO 05b, within a period of 14 days from receiving such nomination.
If your nomination is accepted, your Infringement Notice will be cancelled , and a second Infringement Notice will be sent (per registered mail) to the driver you have nominated.
Use the service below to exercise the option and to complete the forms.