An Enforcement Order will be issued if you fail to comply with the requirements of a Courtesy Letter, or has failed to appear in Court, either following a traffic offence, or after specifically electing to be tried in court.
The Enforcement Order will be served by registered mail; and the demerit points incurred by you will be automatically allocated.
You will simultaneously be notified of the following:
- The number of demerit points that have been allocated and recorded against your name; and
- The total number of demerit points accumulated to date; and
- The number of points left before your driving licence, professional driving permit or operator card will be suspended or cancelled.
The Enforcement Order served on you will:
- Require payment of the penalty in full, plus Representation fees and the fee of the Courtesy Letter, if any, as well as the prescribed fee of the Enforcement Order within a period of 32 days of the date of service of the Order; and
- State that a failure to comply with the requirements of the Enforcement Order within 32 days will result in a Warrant being issued to recover the applicable penalty and fees.
Until such time as you have paid the penalty and the additional fees as required in terms of an Enforcement Order, no:
- Driving licence; or
- Professional driving permit (PrDP); or
- Vehicle licence disc;
will be issued to you or in respect of a motor vehicle which is registered in your name until such Enforcement Order has been complied with or has been revoked.
Revocation of an Enforcement Order
An Enforcement Order will be revoked if:
- You apply to the RTIA in the prescribed manner and submit satisfactory reasons why an Enforcement Order must be revoked; or
- The Issuing Authority applies in the prescribed manner for a revocation of the enforcement order.
If an Enforcement Order is revoked:
- Its consequences will be cancelled; and
- The national contraventions register on NaTIS will be updated; and
- You will be informed accordingly; and
- Your driving licence, professional driving permit or operator’s card will be issued or returned, unless you have been disqualified otherwise.
Use the service below to exercise the option and to complete the forms.